TRUTH
Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my Shepard; I shall not want.
Check out the action
Monday, July 23, 2012
A flower amongst the weeds.
My yard has become quite the weed patch this summer. Even after hours of hard work planting, weeding putting down weed killer, mulch and watering I still have much work to do. I wonder if this is how God looks at the world he has created. He plants seeds and tehey grow amoungst the weeds. He prunes them, waters them and sends sunshine to help them grow. Still they are surrounded by weeds in any given day. I think of the verse that says we are all in the world but not part of it. A flower that becomes entangled in the weed withers and dies. As long as the weeds are kept at a distance the flower will grow and bloom. I am amazed at how God shows us so many secrets of life in his creation. I am given hope that I too can be a flower that blooms. Keeping myself protected by not becoming entangled in the weeds of the world but setting my roots firm in Gods rich soil. Putting up a protective barrier of his truth around me to keep me separated from the lies and poisons that Satan wants to pour in me. I will be that flower that gives joy and beauty in a world that is full of weeds.
7/23/12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment